Enabling Homes is the sister company of Ingleby Care Ltd which is an extra care leading organisation who pioneered the 'Extra Care' model in the field of learning disabilities in Warwickshire. This model was developed in close consultation with all of Ingleby Cares partner agencies but primarily with cus-tomers their friends families and carers. Stretton Lodge is the name of their pilot scheme based in the outskirts of Nuneaton in the semi-rural village of Chapel End.
The facility opened in May 2010 and attracted huge media attention both locally and nationally with a recommended visit from the Royal family!The facility was designed and built with customer involvement and they identified their requirements to consist of:
- Large communal lounge Large
- communal kitchens
- 8 self contained 1 bedroom ground
Enabling Homes will be following this model to provide some cutting edge Learning Disability 'Extra Care' facilities within Worcestershire.
What Is Extra Care?
The main idea behind Extra Care is to give our customers more choice and control over their lives than traditional residential care can offer, in a safe secure environment, free from isolation and loneliness.
Extra Care is essentially a new 'modern day' version of sheltered accommodation but with one big difference, the care is tailored to meet the requirements of the individual and offer choice and con-trol to individuals. There is a team of carers onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, this ensures that you will always receive the care you need, when you want or need it.
Benefits Of Extra Care
- Extra Care residents live at Home, not 'in a Home'.
- People are supported in Maintaining their Independence.
- Residents have their own front door and decide who comes in.
- Married couples and 'significant others' can stay together.
- There is a mix of people with Low, Medium and High needs.
- 24 Hour care is on hand when needed.
- Social activities are available for those who choose to join in.
- Residents feel safe and more secure in purpose built developments.
- Residents keep control of their own finances and decide how to live